These are most frequently asked questions we receive. Please review before emailing us.
You can always call (715) 232-9790 to receive immediate responses to your questions. Thank you for your interest and understanding. It can take up to 3 business days for us to respond to emails/messages so please call if you need a quicker response.
Please note: acceptable formats for application submission include fax, mail, in-person, or PDF via email. Word documents, jpeg files, text files, or other formats will not be processed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the dog or cat I’m looking at online still available?
– If they are listed on our website, the chances are high that they are still available. If they are listed on another website, there is a slight delay (typically less than 24 hours, except on weekends) between when a pet is adopted and when they are removed from that website. It is also possible that an application has been placed on a pet on the website, but they haven’t gone home yet. Please call 715-232-9790 to find out the specifics of a given pet listed online.
I would like more information about a pet I saw online: like what is their personality? Are they good with other animals? Do they like kids?
– Due to the high number of emails we receive like this, we kindly ask that you contact us at 715-232-9790 and speak to one of our adoption counselors. We can also address all of your questions in person when you visit with the pet.
I can no longer keep my pet(s), will you take them?
– All owner surrenders are approached on a case-by-case basis. Many factors impact our ability to help, including: the space available at our shelter; the care needed for the animal(s) you are looking to surrender; and the adoptability of the animal(s). Being a no-kill shelter, space is sometimes an issue and given limited resources, we are not always able to help. However, we may have other resources available for those we cannot help. Please contact us at (715) 232-9790 to inquire. PLEASE NOTE: we do not take owner surrender inquiries via email nor do we take third-party surrender inquiries (i.e. “my friend has this dog he doesn’t want anymore, can you help?”). If you are a third-party, please have the person looking for information contact us directly.
My pet is lost or I found a pet roaming, can you help?
– Many people contact us to make reports of animals they find or contact us to let us know their pet is missing. We reunite over a hundred pets with their owners this way every year. For your convenience, we have two easy ways for you to make a report:
– You can find our adoption applications here, just scroll to the bottom of the page. Applications can be submitted via email to [email protected]; via fax (715-232-9795); or in person. Please note: acceptable formats for application submission include fax, mail, in-person, or PDF via email. All applications need to be physically signed or have an electronic signature verified by a third-party service. Word documents, jpeg files, text files, or other formats will not be processed.
How does your adoption process work?
– We recommend that you visit with and choose a pet as the first step. Afterwards, you can fill out an application (scroll to the bottom of the page) and submit it via email ([email protected]), fax (715-232-9795), or in person. Applications are typically processed within 2-3 business days. If you are coming from a long distance, we can usually alter the process so you don’t need to make multiple trips. If that is the case for you, please call 715-232-9790 for more details. Please note: acceptable formats for application submission include fax, mail, in-person, or PDF via email. All applications need to be physically signed or have an electronic signature verified by a third-party service. Word documents, jpeg files, text files, or other formats will not be processed.